Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hyperemesis-33 weeks



So it's back, and in full force I may add. Sorry if this is TMI but I've thrown up a total of 4 times today and it's only 2:37pm. I am exhausted, my stomach is in knots and I'm starving but afraid to eat. Oh, the joys of pregnancy.

Went to see my OB yesterday and he gave me more meds, measured my tummy because I was sure it was shrinking (it hasn't, the baby just dropped), lectured me about not taking my iron, and told me that if I went into labor after the next week in a half he wouldn't stop it. Not that he thinks I will or anything, but throwing up all the time leads to dehydration and dehydration leads to labor. I will also begin going in twice a week for NST tests, urine dips, and blood pressure checks.

During this visit I was also informed that my little girl is in the 90th percentile for weight. Now I know you're wondering, how the H%ll did that happen if she's throwing up all the time, but it was the same exact thing when I was pregnant with Cam. You see when you have hyperemesis the baby takes everything you have and leaves mom with nothing. They grow big and fat while the mom lays in bed thinking she's about to die. Anywho, in 3 weeks I will be getting another ultrasound to check her weight. Too big and I'll probably have another 37 weeker. And nothing would make me more happy.

2 comments:

Baby's family said...

Take care Mama and try to hang in there. Let me know if there is anything I can do!

Anonymous said...

Oh man!! I am so sorry to hear that you are sick again- but now you can really be done. You have your little girl no need for more babies.

On another note, I do like the bumbo but I consider it a want not a need. Lil man loves to sit up and so he loves the bumbo and then Lil Suga can sit and play and keep him entertained. It also makes a nice feeding chair because he doesn't fit well in our travel highchair. I think it's use is short lived though because once the baby can sit up on their own it looses it's purpose esp if you have a boppy to help the support the baby sitting.