Monday, February 25, 2008

Mother Nature's Little Joke- Week 10

All my friends have blogs chronicling their journey into motherhood so I didn't want to be left behind. Plus, I need documentation of why I should never, ever, never, ever go through this again.

It's funny how Mother Nature makes you forget all the horrible things about pregnancy and delivery and only allows you to remember the wonderful, cuddly baby that you'll get at the end.

When hubby and I decided to try for #3 our memories had been completely wiped of all the hospital time, IV's, Med's, and torture I have to endure just to have a happy, healthy baby.

I know I shouldn't be complaining...There are women who would give their right arm to have just one baby, but IT'S MY BLOG AND I'LL COMPLAIN IF I WANT TO!

So here I am, in the middle of week 10, hyperemesis in full effect, a picc line (see picture) running through my veins, home visits from a nurse, and more bags of fluid and medication than I can keep track of. It's all beginning to come back to me, and if my memory had been so clear back in December, this blog may have been titled, Just the Four of Us.

That's horrible isn't it? DON'T GET ME WRONG, I AM HAPPY to be adding another member to my family (hopefully it'll be a little girl to add a bit more estrogen to my household, but I have the sneaking suspicion that it's another boy to add to the "frat house".)

Anyway, I'll be updating once a week. As the baby grows, so will this blog with updates, pics, and the rantings of a crazy pregnant woman with hyperemesis and her equally insane husband.

No comments: