Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2nd Trimester-14 weeks

Today marks the beginning of my second trimester. I'm excited about this milestone because, of course, it puts me closer to delivery, AND, dare I say, I think I'm starting to feel a little better.

I got a new PICC line a few days ago, but unfortunately, it has a hole in it and needs to be replaced. I'm also taking less meds, hoping to wean myself, but I have been getting these migrane like headaches that are pretty bad. Although, I would rather have headaches than throw up all the time.



This weekend Damon, the boys, and I took a tour of the new 4 million dollar birthing center at the hospital where I will deliver. It was pretty fabulous and I can't wait to stay. There were huge jacuzzi tubs and labor showers, a pull out bed for the dads, flat screen tv's with dvd players and outlets to plug in your X-Box or Playstation (DJ and Cameron liked that part the best). They also had a great family kitchen with all kinds of goodies and snacks, and the best part...the rooms are for labor, delivery, and recovery! I won't have to move rooms after the baby is born. Needless to say, I was sold and Damon was as well.

2 comments:

Baby's family said...

Congrats on the milestone. Continue to take care of yourself, as we know you will.

The Lils said...

Wow! That place sounds great, makes me wish I delivered at that hospital or in my case any hospital would have done.