Thursday, May 8, 2008

Good News and Bad News- 21wks2days

I'll start with the good news.

Yesterday, Damon, DJ, Cameron and I visited Burlington Coat Factory to check out their Baby Depot selection. I was pretty impressed with the selection of Baby Items for such low prices, but we didn't find what we were looking for... a crib.

Next we visited Toys R' Us and there we hit pay dirt! Someone screwed up royally and incorrectly tagged a $269.00 5-in-1 crib as a clearance item for $134.00! The R' Us employees figured out their mistake, but by then, it was too late. They had to give us the sale price and the 20% off that accompanies all clearance items this week! So, needless to say, we walked away with this beautiful crib



FOR A MERE $114.00 INCLUDING TAX! Ha! I could not have been happier.

Now for the bad news.

During our trip to Toys R' Us, we got a phone call from Cam's daycare provider. She told us that she is closing in June. I cannot express to you how devastated I am with this news. I understand her reasons, and don't blame her one bit, but I feel as if there has been a death in the family. As I type this tears are running down my face. She has been such a wonderful teacher and second mother to both my children and I was looking forward to her sharing in the joy of my daughter's life. I know that many of you will not understand the sadness and sense of loss that both Damon and I feel at this news, but you also haven't had the pleasure and privilege of having your child taught, cared for, and loved by Mrs. Green, Ms. Thomas, Ms. Sonya and Our Place Child Care.

2 comments:

Midwify said...

Aaaaaw :( I know you LOVE that daycare! You used to talk about it ALL the time!

The Lils said...

I know how you feel. Good daycares are hard to find. The miles I put on my car driving to ours can attest to that.