Monday, May 5, 2008

Top Five- 21weeks

Tomorrow marks the first day of my 21st week and I am happy to report that everything is still going well. We did have a little issue with some sharp pains that sent me to Labor and Delivery on Friday, but I've gotten some medicine and I'm now good to go.

This weekend my mother and grandmother came over to visit with the boys and ooohh and ahh over the newly painted baby's room. My mom brought some little barrettes she purchased for the baby and I just stared at them. I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE I'M HAVING A GIRL! But as I think back there were signs that this little one wasn't a boy.

TOP FIVE REASONS I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN I WAS HAVING A GIRL:

#5- I'm not as sick as I was with DJ and Cam. I know it doesn't seem like it, but this pregnancy has really gone a lot more smoothly than my first two.

#4- I'm carrying higher. I need to post a belly pic, but my belly is way higher than it was with my boys. It's not even shaped the same.

#3- My belly feels like jelly! (I'm a poet and I didn't even know it! LOL!). Instead of being rock hard, it feels a tad squishy. Now it could be because I already had a layer of fat before I got pregnant, but I'd rather think it's because I'm having a girl.

#2-Ultrasound technician slip up. When I went in for my first trimester screening the technician told me that she couldn't see the baby's gender because the umbilical cord was in the way. But, after the ultrasound, she had me filling out some paper work and mentioned something about having my first girl. I looked at her and was like, "Is it a girl? I thought you couldn't see." And then she was said, "I mean your first baby." She didn't know I already had two at home. I always kept her little mis-speak in the back of my mind.

And #1-Mood Swings

With this pregnancy I have been having some major mood swings. I go from being nice one minute to a mega B@Tch the second. I can't control them, or myself! Remember the Graham Cracker incident? Anyway, this post is serving as a public apology for anyone I have upset, screamed at, or cussed out in the past few months. This is also a pre-apology for anyone who is unfortunate enough to feel my wrath in the future.

No comments: