Wednesday, December 30, 2009

35 before 35

In six shorts months I'll be 30 years old....30

And I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Initially I was excited because to me, turning thirity meant that I'd finally be a grown-up, but now I'm not conviced. There are so many things I wanted to do before I turned the big 3-0, but with only six months left I know they're not going to happen.

That's where the list comes in.

As I ring in twenty-ten I realize that I'm not getting any younger, and while I have SOOOOO many things to be thankful for there are still soooo many things I want to do in my life. I started making a 40 before 40 list, but that was just too depressing so instead I'm concentrating on 35. I'm still not done with the list, because 35 things that are feasible and realistic is not an easy undertaking, but I hope to finish it soon.


35 before 35

1. own my own home (again)

2. spend my wedding anniversary on a beach

3. finish my masters degree

4. get THE SHELF

5. put THE SHELF in an office of my own

5. relocate to the South

6. decorate my living room

7. have a real dinner party

8. learn to French braid

9. make Thanksgiving dinner

10. finish that third novel

11. take my kids to Disney World

12. go out on New Years Eve

13. celebrate homecoming at TSU

14. “Would Ya Like it” in the rain

15. Have date night once a week

16. Visit Washington DC

17. have a picnic with wine and cheese

18. wear red lipstick

19. go Up North

20. grow a plant

21. make a cake for a loved one’s birthday

22. restore a piece of furniture

23. attend a Broadway play (does not have to be in NY, although that’s a bonus)

24. get rid of all unnecessary debt

25. eat healthier

26. answer the question, “What’s wrong?” honestly, the first time.

27. institute a new family tradition

28. take a cooking class

29. Find the perfect school for Cameron

30. Learn to let go

31. Invest in great pics of the kids

32.

33.

34.

35.

3 comments:

Baby's family said...

I love this idea! Although my 35 is around the corner (less than 3 months), these are great and you can do it! I would love to help with #23, I am always looking for a reason to go back to NY. A girl's weekend?

Damon + Maryam said...

OMG! That would be sooo fun! Not sure Damon would think so, but oh well...WE should start planning!

casslle said...

You have a great list of like you said reasonal accomplishable goals. Maybe it can be a list that grows with you. Like 29 at 29 and each year you add a new "to do" to the list.