Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lots of Work to Do!



We've been pretty busy over here at Baby Makes Five and pretty sick. Evan has been to the doctor so many times this winter that she actually knows how to get on and off the scale all by herself, and is getting pretty used to the nebulizer too!

I've been busy with running her back and forth to the doctor, being sick myself, and doing tons of school work. Here's my MAT- Reading and Literacy program.

The bolded, blue classes are those I have completed, and everything else is waiting for me. Monday I begin Meeting the Needs of All Learners, which shouldn't be difficult. I LOVE this program because I only have to take one class every 7 weeks and there are no tests. Just papers, projects, and online discussions.

Start
End
SEM1
5/4/09
6/20/09

Teacher as Leader
7/6/09
8/22/09

Understanding Teaching and Learning

Capstone
SEM 2
9/7/09
10/24/09

Instructional Design
11/2/09
12/19/09

Effective Assessment
SEM 3
1/11/10
2/27/10

Teacher as Researcher
3/8/10
4/24/10

Meeting the Needs of All Students

Capstone
SEM 4
5/3/10
6/19/10

Foundations of Reading and Literacy
7/5/10
8/4/10

Assessment and Intervention for the Struggling Readers
SEM 5
9/6/10
10/23/10

Reading in the Content Areas
11/1/10
12/18/10
The Reading/Writing Connection



Capstone
I'm also embarking on another class (crazy, I know!). This on is through my company on leadership. Your name had to be given to the corporate office by the principal as a top performer, then they picked all the names out of a hat for get the final list of 22 participants (out of 150). I was REALLY happy to be chosen because I am never chosen for lottery stuff like that. So far we've had the first session and it was really great. I can't wait to see what the next sessions have in store.

On the job front things are moving along. I have some news, but can't share just yet. Too many eyes on the net. Look for a new post about our plans late March, early April!!!








No comments: